Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Drum Camp

Jordan spent all last week at Drum Camp at a local music school. There were only 4 other students and they spent all week learning different grooves. Every day Jordan came home with a new drum pattern to show us. He actually learned a lot in just one week and has some pretty good fundamentals to be a great drummer if he keeps practicing what they taught him.

Heather picked him up from camp every day and kept him until we got off work. He LOVED staying with Heather and playing with Kade. She took him swimming and to the spray park. He came home the first day proclaiming how wonderful the sandwich was that Heather made for him. I can only imagine what Heather thinks about what I feed the poor child!

On the last day of camp, they put on a little concert to show us everything they learned throughout the week. Since the power was out at Julia's daycare, I stayed home with her and we were able to go to the concert. My mom came and so did Heather and Kade. I know Jordan was so proud to have so many of his family there to watch him.

Here is a little video of the group playing Jordan's new favorite song - Back In Black.


My little rockstar jamming on the drums while his instructor, Dylan, plays the guitar.

4 drum kits and a guitar were a little loud for the little ones.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Kade and I had so much fun with Jordan last week. He is such a neat kid and so polite!! I am not known to be a good cook; he is probably the first to compliment my cooking. We enjoyed his drum show and look forward to seeing him become a great drummer if that's the instrument he chooses.

Nicole said...

How sweet! Just like Dad! Good job Jordan!! Now if he can just twirl his drumstick... tell Keith to get busy and teach him that must have skill! ;-)